Men's Health Forum Scotland is a registered charity whose main aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of men and boys in Scotland. We work to support practitioners who are able to impact on men's health in the broadest sense through:
- Dissemination of good practice, research, events, and training opportunities
- Seminars and conferences on various topics of men's health
- Provide networking opportunities for practitioners working to improve men's health
- Lobby to ensure the needs of men and boys are taken into account in legislation, policy and practice.
We work with a wide range of partners across the public, private and voluntary sectors and believe that this is crucial in improving the health of men and boys in Scotland.
MHFS Business Plan 2009-11 (word doc)
Self Management for Men Project Plan (word doc)
Our current projects
MHFS 10k for Men
The MHFS 10k for Men is an annual event that takes place on the last day of National Men's Health Week every year, which is also father's day. The event aims to:
- Raise the profile of men's health in Scotland
- Engage with men of all ages and abilities in healthy activity
- Provides a major focus for National Men's Health Week
- Raise the profile of Men's Health Forum Scotland
For more information go to: www.mhfs10kformen.org
MHFS Men's Jogging Network
To support the MHFS 10k for Men we have established a network of more than 30 men-only jogging groups supported by fully trained jog leaders. These groups are free to men of all ages and abilities and encourage men not only to take park in the MHFS 10k for Men, but perhaps more importantly to keep up healthy activity all year round with the support of peers.
MHFS Self Management for Men Project
MHFS have launched an exciting and challenging new project to support men in Scotland in the effective self management of long term conditions. The overall aim of the project is to increase the capacity of agencies in Scotland supporting self management to engage with, and respond to, the specific needs of men through improved awareness of the impact of masculinity and gender on self management.
We will be working in partnership with a wide range of agencies across Scotland to provide training, consultancy, advice and support. We will also be delivering a number of seminars and conferences, as well as commissioning research to develop understanding of issues related to masculinity and self management.
for more information go to: http://www.mhfs.org.uk/SMP.php
Our staff team and Organisational Management Group
Our staff team
Organisational Management Group